Today I re-discovered this cover of Don’t Fear the Reaper by HIM, I had completely forgotten about it and when I listened to it for the fist time, again, I couldn’t tell if I liked it or not. I’ve decided I like it. And it inspired me to write this blog post with 10 unusual, as in ‘you wouldn’t (or I wouldn’t) think this band would play this song’, songs. I hope you like them.
- HIM cover of on’t fear (The Reaper), by Blue Oyster Cult.
- Machine Head cover of Message in a Bottle, by The Police (one of my favourites).
- Johnny Cash cover of Hurt, by Nine Inch Nails.
- Limp Bizkit cover of Faith, by George Michael.
- Tool cover of No Quarter, by Led Zeppelin. Ok, this makes actually a lot of sense, and I’m so glad Tool picked this song. But I had to have it in this list. I just love this cover.
- Alanis Morissette cover of Let’s do it (Let’s fall in love), by Frank Sinatra.
- Gipsy Kings cover of Hotel California, by Eagles.
- Guapo Apes cover of Big in Japan, by Alphaville.
- Placebo cover of Daddy Cool, by Boney M.
- The man who sold the world, by Nirvana. This is a song that I, ignorant, thought it was original from Nirvana. Around three years ago, not more, and to my surprise, I discovered David Bowie had written it a long time ago. Surprise, surprise.
I ‘m saving 10 covers that I don’t like for another post🙂